Social networks rule the web these days. We got to them to connect with old friends, meet new people, have a laugh, and read reviews. When it comes to traveling, it is no different. If you want to make the most of your vacation time, check out these travel social networks to really get the scoop on your destination.
- Tripatini- With a slogan like “The Social Network for Travelers & Travel Experts” there are big shoes to fill and Tripatini delivers. On this site you read user blogs, image galleries and destination spotlights. You will also be able to contact local professionals and services to enhance your trip.
- TripAdvisor- When you want to get the story straight from the user, this is the site to visit. With over 35 million monthly visitors, TripAdvisor is a well of knowledge on millions of locations across the world. They offer reviews of resorts, hotels, and even restaurants.
- TripWolf- Here you will be able to read reviews from both experts and travelers. They employ “Trip-gurus” that are available to answer any questions you might have. They also have a smartphone app so you can get that information on the spot.
- Foursquare- Because this social network has become so popular lately, you’ll have access to a ton of new information all the time. This network, used largely on smartphones allows you to “check into” a location and connect from there. You can read reviews from other users about the area and see if there are any friends nearby.
- WAYN- Otherwise known as “Where Are You Now?” is by far the biggest travel community. It boasts over 15 million members. You’ll have to fill out a profile, but then WAYN connects you to people with similar travel interests. You can take your relationship from there by travel deals or tips. You’ll even be able to see what friends are in your area by using their “Who’s Around” feature.
- Pinterest- While this may not often be thought of as a travel social network, don’t underestimate it. Simply type in a place you plan on visiting and wait for scores of pictures to come up. You can find sites to see, recipes from the area, or places to eat recommended by other users.